Monday, April 20, 2009

Erken says Salim (hello)

Well, Salim to you all,
I suppose that I can no longer be Ivan. How does Nursultan sound. Ray of light King. This is the President's name. He is one of the richest men on the planet. His daughter happens to own Nurbank, as in Bank. Sounds too rich for me. How about Erken. He is Kaz. and one of the students we had the other night. Today Jan and I visited her old school. Her teacher warned us to be careful of the police at the bus stop near us. Sounds like they like to do the extended passport check-as in until they get some tenge $. She said to just quickly call someone that speaks Russian, someone from her school or wherever can come and clear it up. Here I thought all that was a thing of the past. The Crisis raises its ugly head again.
We had a wonderful time up in P.F. It is always special to be with all of them. I still don't seem to have the hang of pictures, labels etc. I have been trying to send pictures of Jahyun, Anipa and Ginny. Plus our meeting of Luda, Ludmilla, Zhenya, Rema, Vova, Maxim, Oksana, missing were Marina, Paulina and Antonina. Later Bible study and tea with Antonina.
Anyway don't give up on me. We hired a car and brought Jahyun to Astana then hired another car to Karaganda. It is as cheap as the train it seems, and quicker.
We had a nice Bible study at Sergei's home. His wife Aleya and children, Vika and Roma were there. It is so nice, Even Roma can interpret for us. Of course Sergei does very well. He is the only professing person here. Sunday was another good meeting with S. and family. We had lunch here and Monday night we are going to dinner to celebrate their 15th anniversary and my b'day.
We are really enjoying our old stomping grounds. I will try for a picture with this.
Rok med (thank you ) for all your thoughts etc.
Your brother in Him, Erken, Morrie

No comments: